ood-ymph-cellulose

Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm thinking again about art and wondering how to incorporate it into medical school. It is still such a major interest. I spent some time looking at Eva Hesse's work today and Kiki Smith, who was one of my favorites ten years ago when I was making a lot of prints in Buffalo. Her work resonates even more strongly with me now. I just ordered a book from Moma with prints and drawings. http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2003/kikismith/ I need to start keeping a notebook and have it on hand all the time. Looking at her work has made me even more excited about taking Gross Anotomy.

My mother called last night, she has an enlarged ovary, which could be a very bad thing. We will know more on Thusday this week. For sure, she will have it removed and be in the hosptial for at least four days. This will make our already scheduled vaccation something of a working vacation. I am glad that we are going to be there for her, but worried too.