ood-ymph-cellulose

Thursday, May 14, 2009




Pictures from Blodget's photography and healthy schools/peaceful schools project. I had a very good time with the kids there and getting to know Aduke Branch and Jackie Saddler was very fun too. I still don't know what will come of the school and the beautiful library they put in. It would be sad if it got torn down, although given the state of the rest of the school, I would not be surprised. Every time I go over to the west side I learn so much about the community. I still believe that there's no way to make the world a better place without making connections  at the individual level. Those are the tiles lining the hallway outside the library. The buildling just accross the street is very nicely boarded up. In fact, I've never seen a house boarded up so carefully with the boards painted such pristine white. It makes it look like an oversized doll house, a very strange image indeed, especilly in the context of the neighborhood overall. 

No comments: